Sunday, 22 November 2015

Presentations

I do not have a great deal of experience giving presentations. In fact this lack of experience makes the whole thing seem rather daunting! However, I am aware that it is a skill needed in the workplace and as with all of things on this course, I am determined to give it my best shot and learn from the process!

In this situation it is not the technology that is the problem but the actual standing up in front of a roomful of people and speaking. Speaking coherently and making sense that is! I often find that the words in my head don't come out of my mouth as planned which causes me to sound hesitant and unsure. I suppose that is this purpose of presentation tools, to act as a visual prompt and give structure to your presentation. Also, I've been told the only way to improve is to do it and keep on doing it. You will gain confidence the more you practice.

I have used PowerPoint before so I wanted to try something different this time. I thought it was a good idea to try Google Slides as it is something that can be used collaboratively and it should be easily integrated into Blogger.

At school we are trying to put together a shadowing group for the Berkshire Book Award so I've decided to request to speak to the students in assembly to try and get some interest.

It will be a very brief presentation but I want to tell them a little bit about the award, introduce this year's shortlisted titles*, tell them what other activities related to the award they can be involved in and to encourage those who may be interested to join the shadowing group.

Here is the presentation on Google Slides




Wish me luck!

* The shortlist is not announced until 30th November so I've had to refer to the books as Book A, B etc for now.


3 comments:

  1. Good luck in the presentation. Hope it goes well

    Mary #Rudai23Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find that rehearsing in front if a mirror is a good way to prepare for presentations. That way you can see what your audience does. #rudai23

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find that rehearsing in front if a mirror is a good way to prepare for presentations. That way you can see what your audience does. #rudai23

    ReplyDelete